March 27, 2020
Dear Children’s Ministries Leaders:
Re: Children’s Ministries in the Age of Social Distancing
I trust that you are fine. With the closing of schools and churches because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are provided with new opportunities to reach our children. Below are some suggestions that you may want to take advantage of:
1. Make available to parents and leaders of children the online resources which were created for them. Here are some links:
2. Create a prayer forum or prayer line for children using social networking or the telephone. Set times when you can connect with the children and pray for them. Ask the children to invite their friends to these times of prayer.
3. Use networking services, such as: Zoom, YouTube, Group Facetime, Skype, and Facebook to conduct Children’s Ministries. These services can be used to create virtual meetings. The Ontario Conference Church Growth and Evangelism Department has made available to every church and company, the sum of $200.00 for pastors to purchase Zoom for videoconferencing (please check with your pastor).
4. Ask the Children’s Division leaders to use social media to connect with parents and children weekly.
5. Reach out to all children in your neighbourhood via social networking with the good news that Jesus cares.
6. Every Friday evening the NAD Children’s Ministries Department will present a story via video on its website. The link is: https://www.instagram.com/p/B97BadSD0TL/
Even though, this may appear as a challenging time for ministry, remember God invites us to call upon Him. Psalm 50:15 says, “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”
Yours in Christ,